Questions & Concerns
You might be a bit afraid or intimidated by the whole process of buying your first home. As a real estate expert for the South Side of Kauai, it's my job to guide you from beginning to end.
I will take the time to go through each and every step of the buying process. There are no dumb questions!
Together, we will consider:
- How much can you really afford?
- How to qualify for a mortgage.
- How much cash you should put down.
- How to buy a home with little or nothing down.
- What it takes to get approved for financing. What banks and other financial institutions are looking for.
- How much your payments will be.
- The tax advantages of buying.
- Is renting or buying better for you?
Why Use a Real Estate Agent?
Your home is probably the biggest purchase your family will ever make, and it involves many decisions that go beyond simply choosing one you like.
As a top real estate agent for the South Side of Kauai, I will guide you through the entire process, from viewing homes and financing, to making sure the final contract is in your best interest:
- My expert local knowledge of the South Side area should be invaluable to you, not just in terms of real estate, but also schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
- Every local real estate market absolutely has its own trends and opportunities. This can vary greatly, even one neighborhood to the next. The South Side is no different! It's my job to steer you into opportunities and out of traps.
- What is the true market value of the home you are interested in? Is it priced too high? Is it a bargain that you should jump on? I help home buyers make decisions like this every day, and I'll make sure that you get the best value for your money.
- Negotiating with sellers can be stressful. I will help you negotiate, so that the final contract includes your best possible terms and conditions.
- You should know absolutely everything about the property you are buying! You and I will view every home that you are interested in, together. And prior to closing I will make you fully aware of any and all inspections available to you.
- Have confidence when signing documents. Contracts are full of complicated terms and clauses that can greatly affect your future life in your new home. I will give you the full benefit of my real estate knowledge and experience.
Let me represent your best interests in your search for a new home on the South Side of Kauai. While you can see a million homes on the web, actually buying your home is another matter entirely. Why not have a local expert guide you through this process?
Pre-Qualify for a Mortgage
You might have an idea of the loan payment and mortgage you can afford. But will the bank feel otherwise? It's always best to pre-qualify for a mortgage so you know exactly how much a financial institution would be willing to lend you.
In the pre-qualification process, you will find out:
- Exactly how much home or land you can afford.
- How much cash you will need for the down payment.
- The minimum down payment, and advantages of higher down payments.
- What the bank feels you can afford for a monthly payment.
I help buyers pre-qualify for mortgages every day. I have a list of financial officers that I trust and work with on a daily basis. Just give mw a call and I will refer you to someone I trust.